Last revised: November 3, 2022
For information about the choices we offer regarding your privacy, please see “Your Choices.”
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Site and Services, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, social media user names and handles, postal address, phone number, gender, interests, preferences and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
We record many of the actions when using our Services, such as:
- Visiting and/or searching for particular pages, topics, or sections of the Site
- Filling out a form
- Clicking submission buttons
- Interacting with various functionalities of the Site
- Emailing us or any employee of Nomad, Inc.
We may use these actions and this information to personalize your experience on the site. We may also provide these actions and this information to advertisers or other partners as a method of targeting advertisements, both on and off the Site.
When you visit the Site, we may collect specific types of anonymous information. This includes but is not limited to items such as the Internet domain address, IP address, domain server, type of computer, and type of web browser used to visit our Site. This type of information is often referred to as traffic data and will remain anonymous. Traffic data is not considered personal information unless you voluntarily tell us personally identifiable information and it is combined with the traffic data. Traffic data helps us analyze how the Site and Services are used, device information, and geographic information, and helps us improve and personalize your experience while using our site. We may share the analysis of traffic data and the anonymous traffic data that does not include any personal information, with advertisers, retailers, and other third-party service providers. When you share personal information with us, we limit access to such information to authorized individuals within our company and to affiliated and unaffiliated third parties who work with us on marketing, product development, service improvement, and other similar matters.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other sites, from other users, such as individuals who recommend our Services, and from social networks in accordance with their authorization procedures. We may use this data, on its own or combined with first-party data collected from our Services, to serve targeted advertising, personalize your Site and Service experience, similar items.
If you are interested in advertising on this Site, you will also be requested to provide personal information, including but not limited to your full name, e-mail address, telephone number, company name, and company title.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide user support;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, and events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site and Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent use of the Site and Services and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of Find your Outside, Inc.
- and others;
- Personalize our Services, including by providing advertisements, content or features we think will be of interest to you;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information is collected;
- With third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Choices” below if you want to opt out.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” that collection information when you visit the Site and help personalize your experience at your Site and when you use our Services. Cookies are small amounts of data that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. The cookies allow our Site and Services to recognize you, provide features to you, analyze your site usage, and track your visits. You may be able to set your browser to reject cookies or to ask you whether to accept a particular cookie. There are also third-party utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. If you disable cookies, we cannot provide you with a personalized experience with our Site and Services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please see “Your Choices” below if you’d like to opt-out;
- When you participate in interactive features on our Services, information about you may be displayed publicly on our Services and on other sites or online services, including your photos, videos, posts, product feedback, and other information you choose to provide;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information in connection with services they perform for us and who are subject to contractual obligations regarding their use of the information;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Backcountry or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Find your Outside, Inc.
- assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- With your consent or at your direction;
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information;
Links to Other Sites
We use reasonable security measures and industry best-practices designed to protect information about you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Find your Outside, Inc. is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Opt-Out of Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
While Wyoming does not currently have a law in place that specifically regulates data protection and consumer privacy, we still prefer to offer an opt-out option.
To opt out of us sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please send us an email containing the subject line “sharing opt out” to email@example.com.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
From time to time, we may send you e-mails with promotional offers relating to your use of our Services. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions in those emails.
This Site does not direct any of its content at children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register as a member or send any information about yourself to us. We do not knowingly collect, and when possible, actively block personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. This Site understands and is committed to respecting the privacy of children online.